When our service goes wrong - Who can you call?

Your primary contact for any insurance issues is your broker, the person from whom you purchased your insurance. Contact her or him first to resolve your complaint.

“Mutual Service With Security” is our motto and we take it seriously. However, we recognize things can go wrong.

Portage Mutual Insurance established formal complaint handling procedures to ensure your issues are thoroughly reviewed. If you feel that all your concerns have not been addressed by your broker please contact our nearest branch office. A company representative, with the authority to address your concerns, will speak with you or return your call promptly.

When calling or writing, please direct your request to “The Branch Manager” of the Portage Mutual Insurance office nearest you. Please state the nature of the request, your contact information and any other information, such as your policy number, which may help us respond quickly.

If you and the Branch Manager are unable to come to a mutual resolution, you can then direct your request to the attention of “Senior Management” at our head office. All related correspondence and information with respect to the complaint will be escalated to this level.

In the event a solution cannot be found with Senior Management, there is a further process that involves an external independent organization that deals with complaints. The company Ombudsman will advise you of who to contact providing a toll free number for the specific organization shown below.